We are The Smarter Food Company Limited, trading as SmarterNaturally.
If you have any questions about this policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us by visiting our Contact Page.
This policy was last updated on 26/06/2022.
How do you use my data?
- When you create and log into your account and place orders we will collect your name, email address, phone number and address. We will also ask you to provide your payment details to our third-party payment provider, Stripe – we will not see your full card information. We collect this information to take steps to enter a contract with you and allow you to purchase goods on our website.
- When you sign up to receive our updates we will collect your name and email address to provide you with our news updates in line with any preferences you have told us about. When we send you our updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you.
- You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by responding to any email you receive from us to tell us you wish to unsubscribe or by visiting our Contact Page.
- When you contact us either by phone, email, via our Contact Page or on social media, we will usually collect your name, social media handle and contact details, because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- When you provide us with and consent to our use of your health and wellbeing data we may use this information for testimonials and to support our further research. We will only use this information with your consent, which you may withdraw at any time by visiting our Contact Page.
- When you attend one of our events or a third-party event we also attend (including virtual events via video conferencing providers including Zoom), we will usually collect your name, address, email address and phone number. We collect this information because it’s in our legitimate interests to promote our business and to know who’s attending our events.
- Where you enter a competition we are running. We will collect your name, email address and any other personal data that forms a part of the competition entry (this may differ depending on the competition). We do this under our legitimate interest to run our competitions effectively and to award the prizes to the winner.
- When you apply for a job with us we may collect your name, contact details, recruitment information (e.g. right to work documentation and references), qualifications, accreditations and any additional information we may receive from our recruitment partners.
- We will use your personal information to assess your suitability for our available roles. We do this to perform our contract obligations or to take steps at your request, before entering into a contract. Where we process your right to work documentation, we will do so to comply with our legal obligations.
- If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
Who do you share my data with?
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you.
- Delivery providers and logistics companies for the performance of the contract we enter into with you to deliver the products you order.
- Marketing organisations to promote our services to you where it in our legitimate interests to do so or you have otherwise consented.
- Prospective buyers of our business under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
Where do you store my data?
We store your data on third party servers which are based in the UK.
When working with third parties we may need to transfer your personal data outside of the UK and / or EU.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the UK and the EU, we ensure it receives additional protection as required by law. To keep this policy as short and easy to understand as possible, we haven’t set out the specific circumstances when each of these protection measures are used. You can Contact Us for more detail on this.
How long do you keep my data for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
We delete your order information 7 years after your last order with us. Other information related to your account will be deleted 2 years after your account has become inactive.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to improve the way we work and the products we offer.
What are my rights under data protection law?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales. If you are based in the EU you can find your relevant supervisory authority here.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.